Lush Epicurean is a Singapore based culinary consultancy providing a spectrum of culinary services in different disciplines of the food and beverage industry. With strong Culinary Artistry and Food Science oriented industrial experience and business skills, our core competencies includes the following:
- Recipe Development and in the interest of lifestyle (retail) and foodservices kitchen appliances
- Recipe Development for culinary products for food manufacturers.
- Recipe Development for food statutory boards marketing campaigns.
- Menu innovation and renovation for restaurants, caterers and cafes.
- Post recipe implementation culinary training for staff of business clients.
- Conducting Lifestyle Culinary Workshops in private studios, roadshows, public institutions and customized locations.
- Cuisine Immersion Programs for tietiary institutions, statutory boards and MNCs culinary exchange programs
- Private Chef services on yachts, residences and selected outdoor dining locations.
- Wine and food pairing sessions
- Team Building Sessions with Corporate MNCs
- Pop up dinning experience events with lifestyle event partners.
- Curating Masterclasses for Cultural Events
Corporate Team Building:
- Designing Thematic Team Building Classes to meet client corporate objectives, promote cohesiveness and communications
- Creating problem solving and out of the box thinking scenarios during culinary related team building events.
Culinary Events Curating
- Design and create value added programs for food related statutory boards, FMCG food manufacturers equipment.
- Organising culinary related event logistics management for pop up events.
Food Science and Marketing:
- Product design and culinary application of new products for food manufacturers.
- Products applications demo in trade shows and media food programs
- Panel speaking for seminars on the importance of food science in cooking, food products and good kitchen practices.
- Trade Exhibitions Showcasing applications and technology concepts
About Chef Eric Low:
With 28 years of culinary experience in different disciplines of a professional chef, Chef Eric Low is Chef-Owner of Lush Epicurean Culinary Consultancy, established in 2012. Using prior 10 years of experience previously as R&D Chef for food and beverage giant Nestlé, the company now provides expertise in food science and culinary arts to major foodservice equipments and FMCG food manufacturing companies, restaurant groups, statutory boards, F&B institutions both local and overseas.
An alumnus of both the Singapore Hotel Association Tourism and Educational Centre (SHATEC) and Culinary Institute of America (CIA), Chef Eric’s diverse culinary portfolio started with apprenticeship at the Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore and stints in various HORECA channels in Singapore. Thereafter in 1998 Chef Eric went into managing the kitchens of several high profile worldwide cruising superyachts (MY Izanami, MY Lady Moura) based in the Mediterranean and Caribbean regions. During his time onboard, Chef Eric catered to many State Dignitaries, Middle Eastern and European Royalties, Hollywood Celebrities and prominent business leaders. He also travelled extensively with the yacht owners as their private chef around Europe and Middle East during non cruising months which provided him with experiences in major cuisines around the world at ground level with each local community.
In the competition arena, Chef Eric won his first medal in FHA 1994 Salon Culinaire as individual competitor. He was seconded as a Team Assistant to the Singapore National Culinary Team for Food and Hotel Asia (FHA) 1998 Salon Culinaire which the team won one gold and two silver medals in the hot and cold food categories. In 2010, Chef Eric was inducted as a WACS certified culinary judge for international and national level culinary competitions and has since taken on assignments as judge for professional competitions in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and Maldives. At the 2014 Expogast Villeroy and Boch Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg, Chef Eric supported the defending champion Singapore National Culinary Team again as one of their team mentors, with the team eventually being crowned as world champions again overall, successively twice in a row.
Chef Eric‘s culinary talents have been recognised by the local F&B industry. From being an award recipient for World Gourmet Summit At-Sunrice GlobalChef Awards 2005, to being featured in Channel News Asia, Media Corp Channel 8 as well as Asian Food Channel(AFC) lifestyle cooking programs. Printed media appearances include The Sunday Times Life Articles, Lianhe Zaobao, Today and Shin Min Newspapers as well as numerous magazines like Her World, 8days,Epicure Asia, Food and Travel, Xin Flavours, Wine and Dine, Cuisine and Wine Scene Asia etc.
Between 2012-2015, Chef Eric has also penned six cookbooks themed with different cuisines from around the world reflecting his vast culinary travel experiences. His fourth cookbook on heritage and festive recipes titled “A Blissful Reunion” won the Best Leisure Cookbook for National Category and has been recognised as the world’s top 5 Chinese Cuisine Cookbook in the annual internationally acclaim Gourmand Cookbook Awards for 2015.
At a glance:
- Founder and Chef @ Lush Epicurean Culinary Consultancy
- EXCO, Special Projects Singapore Chefs Association
- World Association of Chefs Societies Certified Judge for Professional Competitions
- President, SHATEC Alumni Board
- Annual Honorary Sponsor Nam Hong Welfare Services Society
- Member, Teochew Poit Ip Huay Kuan Local and International Affairs Committee
- FHA 1994 Singapore Salon Culinaire Hot Cooking Bronze Medal
- FHA 1998 Singapore Culinary Challenge , Singapore National Culinary Team
- 1998 Florida USA Fort Lauderdale Showboats Chili Cook Off Competition 1st runner up
- 1999 California USA, California Walnuts Board Recipe Competition 1st runner up
- 2005 At-Sunrice GlobalChefs Award Recipient
- 2010 FHA Culinary Challenge, Judge
- 2012-2016 Battle of the Chefs, Penang, Judge
- 2012 WGS and Asian Masters Masterclasses Guest Chef
- 2012 Singapore Food Festival Masterclasses, Guest Chef
- 2013-2015 FHM Culinaire Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Judge
- 2013-2015 FHV Culinary Challenge, Ho Chi Minh City, Judge
- 2013 Hotel Asia, Culinary Challenge, Maldives, Judge
- 2014 FHA Culinary Challenge Singapore, Judge
- 2014 Bali Culinary Challenge, Judge
- 2014 Singapore Day London, UK, Technical Consultant for Food Team
- 2014 Philippines Culinary Cup, Judge
- 2014 Singapore Teochew Festival Masterclasses, Guest Chef and Curator
- 2014 Villeroy and Boch Luxembourg Culinary World Cup 2014 , Singapore National Culinary Team Mentor, Overall Champion Team
- 2015 FHI Salon Culinaire, Jakarta, Judge
- 2015 Gourmand Cookbook Awards Best Cookbook National Category, 1st runner up for Top 5 Global Entries, Asian Cuisines Cookbook Category
- 2015 Beef Australia, Rockhampton, Queensland, Guest Chef
- 2015 SG 50 Diplomatic Dinner , Singapore Embassy, Brasilia , Brazil, Team Manager/Guest Chef
- 2013-2016 Electrolux CSR Project Consultant Chef
- 2016 Gourmand Cookbook Awards Best Chef Cookbook (National Category), Best Heritage Cookbook (National Series Category)
- 2016 Gulfood Salon Culinaire, Dubai, Judge
- 2016 FHA Culinary Challenge Singapore, Judge
- 2016 Philippines Culinary Cup, Manila, Judge
- 2016 SICA Culinary Challenge, Chennai, India, Judge
- 2016 Hotel Asia Culinary Challenge, Male, Maldives, Judge
- 2017 Gulfood Salon Culinary 2017, Judge
- 2017 ICHEF Battle of the 6 Continents, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Judge
- 2017 FHV Culinary Challenge, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, Judge
- Project Consultant LPS (New Opening), Gourmet Lanka, Sri Lanka
- 2017 Hotel Asia Maldives Culinary Challenge, Judge